Tips to Tackle Different Skin Types and Issues Faced by Them While Doing Makeup
Skin is the first part of the body that gets exposed to the outside world. Any infective particle, dirt, dust or pollutant comes in contact with the skin first and as a result, makes it prone to different skin conditions. Skin problems not only make you look unpresentable but also make it very difficult to handle them. Especially when applying makeup, skin conditions make it very difficult to let the makeup settle and adhere.
Another thing that makes makeup challenging is the variety of skin types. Although the makeup products these days are being very inclusive, still some problems hinder the process. In this article, we will discuss various skin types and the problems faced by them, along with some makeup tips to make the process easier for you.
Different Skin Types and the Problems They Face
There are a number of skin types which people have all around the world. Among these, the most popular ones include:
- Oily Skin
- Dry Skin
- Normal Skin
- Combination Skin
- Acne-Prone Skin
Normal skin type is the most ideal one and easy to tackle. The others such as oily, dry, combination and acne prone are those that require care and attention while handling. The dry skin type tends to flake out while the oily and acne prone skin type may break out if the right products are not used. Combination skin is the one that is the most tricky and you need to understand the physiology of your skin before applying anything over it. Not only there is a variety in the skin types but also the problems faced by them. For example, Such skin types can face problems such as melasma. These can be easily camouflaged using a concealer for melasma which will cover all the patchy areas. This will give you a smooth and even look. This means that the different problems of skin types can be easily solved if you carefully apply makeup and choose the right products. No skin type is impossible to handle, it’s just the choice of products and their right application that matter the most.
Some Makeup Advices
Now coming towards the actual makeup regime. Tackling different skin types and conditions is difficult but not impossible. Here are a few things you need to do while doing your makeup.
- Choose the product that matches your skin type, skin tone and is compatible with your skin condition. Just do not pick any random product from the market. Do proper research before you start using any particular product.
- The base of your makeup should always be subtle. A very overpowering base will make the flaws of your skin prominent. Focus on coverage rather than prominence of your makeup.
- Your undertones should match your makeup. For example, if you have warm and cool undertones, you should apply a bronzer for Asian skin to highlight your less prominent areas. The undertones of your skin make a marked difference in your overall makeup and you should not ignore this thing.
- Fix your makeup well. No matter what skin type or skin condition you have, a well-fixed makeup can solve half of your problems.
- Focus on details like contour, eye shape, lip color and cheek tint. Remember, it’s the small details that make a difference.
Everyone has a different skin type and condition but that does not mean you don’t have the right to look beautiful. Just know the requirements of your skin and apply makeup accordingly. This is the only key to a beautiful, attractive makeup look. I hope this article would have helped you in this regard.