I generally give Henry his breakfast between 9 and 9.30, which works pretty well with his usual milk feeds, which we are (slowly) reducing. Sometimes our social and not so social schedule gets in the way so I was looking for something he could eat on the go… enter raspberry porridge fingers. I threw these together as an experiment and they went down a storm, so I thought I’d share… I know, I know…I’m too kind.
- 1 cup of oats – I used jumbo oats and blended them a little to break them down.
- 1 cup of milk – I used whole milk
- A handful of frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 15cm square tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the oats and the milk in a bowl.
- Bash up the raspberries to break them down (this is why I used frozen – things are kept much less juicy)
- Stir the pieces of raspberry into the milk and oat mixture.
- Scoop out the mixture into the baking tray and smooth over.
- Bake for 30 minutes and leave in the tray to completely cool. They can then be sliced into fingers.
I froze my batch and I just defrost them in the fridge the day before I need them.
So there we go! My first recipe. Do you have any baby friendly grab-and-go breakfasts?