Because I just can’t seem to get enough of list making, here’s another. One of the drawbacks of life as a new parent are the annoying habits your partner
suddenly picks up always had but you no longer have as much patience for. Disclaimer: I love my husband very much and he is an amazing Daddy, this list is obviously made in jest.
- After a rough night spent up with baby, the morning comes and he claims he was up as much as you were. Despite the fact you could SEE HIM ASLEEP NEXT TO YOU.
- He spends an hour on the toilet. Why do men do this??
- After a long day with a cranky baby, Daddy walks through the door to smiles and giggles.
- The first noises baby makes that sound remotely word like are ‘Dada’. Daddy thinks he’s the favourite.
- Just as you manage to get baby to sleep, Daddy turns over and makes the bed bounce so violently it wakes him up again.
- Sits your 6 week old baby in his bouncer in front of Sin City while you have a bath. When you ask what he’s doing he replies ‘babies like to look at black and white don’t they?’. Wait…is it just me who’s experienced this?
- Suggests you visit the parents after he’s had a night out because he knows the grandparents are so in love with their new grandchild he’ll get off scott free, and he’ll lap up the sympathy for his self induced headache.
- He snores and wakes everyone up.
- Puts water in the steriliser but doesn’t switch it on. No sterile bottles + hungry baby = 5 minutes of FUN.
- After he’s snoozed all night long, wakes up and says, ‘he slept through last night didn’t he?’. Err, no.. YOU slept through last night.
Do you have any annoying habits to add to the list?