Stuff Daddy Does That Annoys Mummy.

Partners in crime from a day old

Partners in crime from a day old

Because I just can’t seem to get enough of list making, here’s another. One of the drawbacks of life as a new parent are the annoying habits your partner suddenly picks up always had but you no longer have as much patience for. Disclaimer: I love my husband very much and he is an amazing Daddy, this list is obviously made in jest.

1. After a rough night spent up with baby, the morning comes and he claims he was up as much as you were. Despite the fact you could SEE HIM ASLEEP NEXT TO YOU.
  2. He spends an hour on the toilet. Why do men do this??
  3. After a long day with a cranky baby, Daddy walks through the door to smiles and giggles.
  4. The first noises baby makes that sound remotely word like are ‘Dada’. Daddy thinks he’s the favourite.
  5. Just as you manage to get baby to sleep, Daddy turns over and makes the bed bounce so violently it wakes him up again.
  6. Sits your 6 week old baby in his bouncer in front of Sin City while you have a bath. When you ask what he’s doing he replies ‘babies like to look at black and white don’t they?’. Wait…is it just me who’s experienced this?
  7. Suggests you visit the parents after he’s had a night out because he knows the grandparents are so in love with their new grandchild he’ll get off scott free, and he’ll lap up the sympathy for his self induced headache.
  8. He snores and wakes everyone up.
  9. Puts water in the steriliser but doesn’t switch it on. No sterile bottles + hungry baby = 5 minutes of FUN.
  10. After he’s snoozed all night long, wakes up and says, ‘he slept through last night didn’t he?’. Err, no.. YOU slept through last night.

Do you have any annoying habits to add to the list?

Stuff Daddy does to annoy mummy http://nowmynameismummy.com/index.php/2016/07/27/stuff-daddy-annoys-mummy/

Mummuddlingthrough
You Baby Me Mummy
Tammymum

1. July 27, 2016 / 11:49 am

hehehe! Men!!
    My fella can spend an hour on the toilet too!

July 27, 2016 / 12:22 pm

Haha, they think we don’t know they’re doing it for an hour off! Thank you for your comment, I hope you’re having a great day x

2. July 28, 2016 / 8:37 am

Lol LOVE this – I swear they come from another planet! Mine does the ‘ooo he slept through’ thing ALL the time! No babe, he didn’t, YOU did but neither I nor either of your kids did! Men! 🙂
    Great post!
    #coolmumclub

July 28, 2016 / 9:19 am

Thank you for your comment, and your retweet, I appreciate it! They’re just a different species altogether aren’t they? I worry what would happen if I wasn’t there?! Would he sleep through a crying baby?! Xx

3. July 28, 2016 / 8:47 am

YES to number 10 especially! My husband often celebrates the kids sleeping through without realising I’d been up four times in the night. #coolmumclub

July 28, 2016 / 9:20 am

Thank you for your comment! I wonder if they genuinely don’t hear or pretend not to?! Oh man ears! x

4. July 28, 2016 / 9:53 am

I simply loved this- described the first couple of months with a newborn perfectly and very tongue in cheek! haha sharing on twitter #coolmumclub

July 28, 2016 / 10:36 am

Thank you, I really appreciate it! I hope you’re having a good day! xx

5. July 28, 2016 / 10:39 am

Thanks for the warning. Will be interesting to see what hubby is like when Pea shows up! #coolmumclub

July 28, 2016 / 3:08 pm

Awww! Congratulations! All of the points are true but he’s also an amazing Daddy, I could also do a list of the good things he’s done, it’s just wouldn’t be as fun! Thank you for commenting! xx

July 28, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Thank you for your comment, I’m glad I’m not alone! X

6. July 28, 2016 / 2:25 pm

I love that most of these are sleep related – Daddy’s just do not get the sleep thing!! My husband recently came out with a killer as I’ve headed back to work full time “I’m not getting up before 6am” ok, so I’ll just get up at 5am to run around and get everything sorted while you have a lie-in, even though I was up with the baby TWICE in the night. I’m not bitter though….#coolmumclub

July 28, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Haha they don’t! The amount of times I’ve been sucked into a ‘who’s more tired than who’ argument! It’s not a competition, but if it was we’d win, we just deal with it better! xx

July 28, 2016 / 6:46 pm

Thank you for your comment, I’m glad you liked it! X

7. July 29, 2016 / 6:17 am

I experienced most of them haha. But I think the first one has to be the most difficult. Another one I hate is when Grumpy Boyfriend looks after Baba. The baby is obviously fine and then the partner to tell me it was not so difficult and he doesn’t understand what I am complaining about!…. #TheList

July 29, 2016 / 7:40 am

Haha I know! I think my baby behaves better for Daddy. They’re both men so they team up to make me look like a fibber! X

8. July 29, 2016 / 6:35 am

Argh! It’s so annoying isn’t it?! I love my husband too and he’ll do anything I Ask him to do but even that annoys me! Why do we need to ask?! #thelist

July 29, 2016 / 7:41 am

Yes! They should learn to just DO, rather than OBEY 😜

9. July 29, 2016 / 6:56 am

Haha yup I think we have all of these in our house too. The sleeping through one really frustrated me! Great list #thelist

July 29, 2016 / 7:41 am

Thank you! At least we’re all in it together! X

10. July 29, 2016 / 7:05 pm

I could literally have written that list myself! Although the thing that really gets me at the moment is asking me “whats wrong?” if I sigh while getting up for a night feed. What’s wrong is this is the 5th time that night and he has only just woken! Men – who’d have ’em! (that got a bit more ranty than I intended!) #thelist

July 29, 2016 / 9:10 pm

Haha, rant away! They just don’t understand! I genuinely wonder how he’d cope if I spent a night away. Although what would probably happen is that baby would sleep through! Thank you for reading and for commenting X

11. July 29, 2016 / 8:15 pm

Ha ha, oh yes a few of these are VERY familiar! My fave Daddy bashing complaint is that when he walks through the door he always says ‘bit early for bath and bed isn’t it?’ but when he works from home he wants them in the bath at five for ‘a nice early bath tonight’. No idea 😉
    Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub

July 29, 2016 / 9:11 pm

Or just coming home at bed time and getting baby all excited so he won’t sleep! Had that a few times this week! Thank you for reading! X

12. July 29, 2016 / 10:52 pm

yes yes and more yes to all the sleep related ones! Its the snoring that gives the game away! #thelist

July 30, 2016 / 7:02 am

Snoring and that their eyes are closed! Thank you for commenting again! Xx

13. July 30, 2016 / 7:21 am

I feel like I’ve stumbled into my own blog and read a post I’d forgotten I wrote! I reckon our hubbys are in cahoots. That or they’re ALL the same! X
    #TheList

July 30, 2016 / 7:32 am

Thank you for commenting! They’re definitely all the same! Have a great weekend xx

14. July 30, 2016 / 7:22 pm

Ooh number 5! I know he’s asleep and doesn’t know he’s doing it, but still it drives me mad every time my husband rolls around in bed, or snores and wakes the kids up! x #TheList

July 30, 2016 / 8:35 pm

Haha, I know. I’ve found accidentally purpose elbowing him in the back seems to work! At least as long as it takes baby to get back to sleep anyway! Thank you for your comment! x

15. July 31, 2016 / 8:25 am

#TheList You had me in stitches . I relate to every single one of those points especially No1. Brilliant , just brilliant !!!

July 31, 2016 / 10:31 am

Thank you! I’m really glad you liked it 🙂 xx

16. August 1, 2016 / 12:05 pm

Hahaha! This is totally accurate. Also a fun one – when he has to work late (or do something for his mom/sister/friend) and misses almost every bedtime for a week. Like really?? Time for this mom to get out more and let him do bedtimes! 😉
    #MMBC
    ~Jess

August 1, 2016 / 3:08 pm

Haha, yes that’s a good one! Thank you for your comment! X

17. August 2, 2016 / 6:32 am

Hah! A great list, I agree with them all. I think men go and hide in the toilet and spend hours on their phone in there! #TheList X

August 2, 2016 / 9:00 pm

They think we don’t know they’re doing it for some quiet time! Thank you for commenting! x

18. August 3, 2016 / 8:27 am

What is the toilet thing about? Do your thing and GET OUT lol! Love this list x #TheList

August 3, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Haha, I know! At least smart phones mean I don’t have to live with a pile of books in the bathroom as my mum did! x

19. August 4, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Ha ha! Number 10! So funny, men who’d have ’em! Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

August 4, 2016 / 10:30 pm

Thank you! x

20. August 4, 2016 / 10:03 pm

Absolutely brilliant! My hubby does all of these…and still doing them four years later!! The only one I’d add is saying he is popping to the shop, comes back an hour later…quick pit stop at the pub maybe!? #thelist

August 4, 2016 / 10:29 pm

Oh the other day he went out for milk and came back an hour and a half later. How?! Thank you for commenting! x

21. August 17, 2016 / 5:45 pm

Great post that really made me giggle. Quite a lot of that list that I can relate to! lol My favourite moment though was when HB came downstairs one morning – flopped on the sofa and said ‘you know that feeling of when you’ve had too much sleep’. Er no! Gotta love them. #PoCoLo

August 17, 2016 / 9:21 pm

I don’t think I could ever have too much sleep! Men need to know their audience! Haha! Thank you for commenting! X

22. August 30, 2016 / 9:13 pm

I hate it when it’s my turn to do the night feed (yes we have resorted to turns), and he says “I didn’t sleep well last night”. You didn’t?! Are you kidding me

Or when he gets in from work from his office job and asks me for a foot rub.

Grrrrr

August 31, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Thank you for commenting! Haha, they have some cheek don’t they?! x

23. September 7, 2016 / 7:33 pm

Calling back in from #FamilyFun! Thought of another one from me… says he’s tired. Enough said. Thanks for linking up to #FamilyFun. Hope you can come back next week!

September 7, 2016 / 8:14 pm

Oh my! Yes! I had that this very morning! x

24. September 8, 2016 / 7:10 am

Ha ha, I think we can all relate to this! Most annoying for me is how I can ask my son to do something till I’m blue in the face and all out war ensues. Hubby on the other hand only ever needs to ask once and there is never an argument! #FamilyFun

September 11, 2016 / 7:30 pm

Thank you for commenting! My son is too young for that yet but I can remember being more obedient for my dad, probably because he wasn’t around much to ask me to do stuff! x

25. September 8, 2016 / 10:42 am

Oooooh yes yes to all of these. I have a particular vengeance with ‘well I was awake to’. Umm no no you weren’t actually. I watched you sleep! Oh and he bouncer, the amount of ones iv come down to see a baby bobbing away or sat looking at the telly to hear ‘I don’t know what all the fuss about, baby’s been good as gold’ aaaaarrrrgh! Anyway glad to know I’m not alone! Thanks so much for linking up at #familyfun. Hope you can come back again next week xx

26. September 10, 2016 / 4:30 pm

Hahaha 2, 5 and 10 remind me very much of my husband when Leo was little! I have no idea why men need to spend so long on the toilet, it makes no sense xx #familyfun

27. September 18, 2016 / 7:44 pm

lol Ive had that many a time too where hubby thought bubba slept through. er no, I was up lol. to be fair my hubby is deaf in one ear. ill let him off 😉

September 19, 2016 / 6:46 pm

Yeh your husband has an excuse. My husband can hear from both ears! Thank you for commenting! x