The Strawberry Incident.

Yesterday I experienced baby’s first tantrum. At six months old. Forgive me if I’m wrong because I’m new to this parenting game, but is that not a little early?

We’re in the second week of weaning and he had just enjoyed some banana, later followed by the usual milk feed. Somehow this wasn’t satisfying enough and, a boy after my own heart, he was reaching for my avocado which I happily shared. Showing a similar interest in my strawberries, I gave him a little piece as I ate each one, which he wolfed down as if he’d been searching for strawberries all his life. I was actually feeling pretty proud, watching him munch away, flashing his cheeky little smile after every piece.

Then they were all gone, and that’s when it happened. Tears, arms flailing, legs kicking… I tried to reason with him that there were none left, he ate them all. But he didn’t understand, he’s six months old. Luckily it didn’t last long and he was back to his usual chipper self, but it gave me an insight into some of the challenges the next few years might hold.

Send help…or strawberries.

Mummascribbles

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

1. July 26, 2016 / 7:29 am

the start of things to come, I couldn’t help but smile to myself, the joy of parenting! Popping by today from #TwinklyTuesday

July 26, 2016 / 8:30 am

Thank you for your comment Fiona!Haha I know, he certainly knows what he wants so I think I’m going to have my handful! Have a lovely day x

2. July 26, 2016 / 8:01 am

Ahh love you. Yes that is a sign of things to come and no I don’t think 6 months is too early. Good luck! #TwinklyTuesday

July 26, 2016 / 8:31 am

Thank you for your comment Lisa! Haha, I was expecting a few more months of a tantrum free life… Never mind! Have a great Tuesday! X

3. July 26, 2016 / 12:46 pm

I’d like to tell you it gets easier, but it doesn’t. haha. x #TwinklyTuesday

July 26, 2016 / 7:12 pm

Thank you for your comment! Haha, at least he knows what he wants! 😳 Xx

4. July 26, 2016 / 1:55 pm

Yep. I don’t want to frighten you but it might go downhill for a while. lOVE THIS! #TwinklyTuesday

July 26, 2016 / 7:15 pm

Thank you for your comment! Haha, I’ll brace myself for some tricky times! xx

5. July 26, 2016 / 4:20 pm

Hello!! No, not at all, 6 months in not too early for a tantrum;-). It’s much better to throw a wobbly for strawberries than for something unhealthy. Looking at the bright side:-) Loved reading it, reminded me of my daughter eating strawberries at that age!
    #TwinklyTuesday

July 26, 2016 / 7:17 pm

Thank you so much for your comment! I know, that’s what my mum said, hopefully he’ll keep a taste for the healthy food! xx

6. July 28, 2016 / 7:40 am

Aww it’s a shame he’s wanting more and there’s none left… I think he enjoyed it too much though. #brillblogposts

July 28, 2016 / 8:58 pm

Thank you for your comment! I know, I’m laying off the strawberries for a while! x

7. July 31, 2016 / 7:51 pm

Haha this is just the beginning (sorry!). The worst thing is when they do understand that there are no strawberries left and still have a tantrum and demand you go to the shops to get them some more right that moment! There is no negotiating with a child who knows what they want! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

August 1, 2016 / 6:33 pm

Haha, I’ve got some fun to look forward to in the future! Thank you, I’ll be back tomorrow! x

8. September 10, 2016 / 9:09 am

Aw hun I remember those days! I hope you managed to get him some strawberries!
    Thank you so much for being our Newbie on #pocolo (sorry it took me so long to comment!)