Lets play ‘Guess the Toy!’

Baby pushing walkerI generally think I’ve got a pretty good level of tolerance for musical baby paraphenalia. But oh-my-days don’t those things have some catchy songs that’ll stick in your head far into the night, long after they’ve been put away (or discarded in a corner of the room) for the day.

My tolerance hit it’s peak the other night when I’d sneaked off upstairs for five minutes of bathtime peace. No sooner had I dipped my toe into the inviting, steaming hot, bubbled water did Carl, Henry and the feral pug make their way into the bathroom bringing with them the mother of all irritating toys – the V-Tech First Steps Walker. Carl then put on BBC news which was showing Donald Trump making a speech. Now let me tell you, you’ve not experienced annoyance until you’ve heard Donald Trump talking and various songs from the walker playlist AT THE SAME TIME.

So, I thought I’d list some of the frustratingly cheery ditties and phrases from various baby toys for you to guess what they’re from. A fun little way to see how much your brain is taken up by storing this nonsense….

Kicking things off with an easy one…

1. ‘Welcome to ourr learninggg farmm, weee’ve got lotttsss to showww youuu’ – V-Tech First Steps Walker. I could’ve filled the whole list with this bloody thing.
  2. ‘Turn the pagess to exxplore!!’ – V-Tech Musical Rhymes book
  3. ‘Put a bawll in the monkeyss hat!’ – Bright Starts Having a Ball Hide and Spin Monkey
  4. ‘It’s a great day to visit the BEACH! Full steam ahead!’ – V-Tech Push and Ride Train
  5. ‘I have two feet; one purple, one blue. I have two feet! JUST LIKE YOU!’ – Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Puppy
  6. CHUG, CHUG, CHUGGING RAIN OR SHINE! I hope you enjoy your riddddeee’ –– V-Tech Push and Ride Train
  7. ‘The cat in the square, is speaking out of there! Meow! Meow!’- V-Tech Turn and Learn Cube
  8. ‘Hop on board the animal train, come onnn EVERYONE! Learning about animals is really LOTS OF FUN!’ -Fisher Price Amazing Animals Train

I’ve put the answers in white, so if you highlight the whole page you can see how many you got right. Clever eh? If you’re on a phone you may have to copy and paste into notes to see the answers. Sorry about that. Extra points if you know another song from the same toy.

Despite their annoying sounds I actually quite like all of these toys, Henry dances to the music they make which is just the CUTEST thing.

Cuddle Fairy
Tammymum
Mummuddlingthrough

1. February 1, 2017 / 2:50 pm

I am so glad my children are out of the noisy toy zone now lol. Although my daughter who is 11 does like to listen to music a lot, which isn’t too bad except she has the same song on repeat!
    #FamilyFun

2. February 1, 2017 / 8:26 pm

OMG we vacr he same walker and I totoally know where you are coming from. It is so loud and piercing and repetitive. Like you I can put up with not things but I would definietly draw the line at the walker trump combo! Thanks for joining us at #familyfun

3. February 1, 2017 / 9:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up of what toys to avoid ahahahahaaha! #BloggerClubUK

4. February 2, 2017 / 8:06 am

Generally it was the Grandparents who bought the noisiest toys! I feel your pain, although those days are long gone. Now it is Spotify getting in to my head space! Alison x #FamilyFun

5. February 2, 2017 / 11:31 am

Argh I remember all these noisy toys they can drive you crazy sometimes and give you a right earworm! This really made me chuckle but I also had no clue what any of them were! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub lovely xoxo

February 11, 2017 / 8:08 am

Thank you! You’re probably lucky not to be haunted by any! X

6. February 3, 2017 / 12:44 pm

We have two V-tech walkers! Twice the annoyance and don’t even get me started on the V-tech cube!!

February 11, 2017 / 8:08 am

Oh my! Twice the loud! X

7. February 4, 2017 / 9:53 pm

Ah the joys of noisy toys! We had a noisy bath toy decide to set itself off at 2am the other night – took me ages to find the screwdriver to remove the batteries! Thankfully I only recognised a couple of the tunes from your list! #familyfun

February 11, 2017 / 8:08 am

Oh my! It’s always when you’re trying to be quiet isn’t it! X

8. February 6, 2017 / 1:37 pm

It’s read-with-me Violet I hate – I could cheerfully punch her in the face! #coolmumclub

February 11, 2017 / 8:04 am

Ooh I’ve never heard of her, sounds like that’s a good thing though! X