There’s poo on the rug

I wasn’t sure whether to share this story as it’s a story about poo and I didn’t want to lower the tone around here. Then I remembered I’d already admitted to rubbing vomit into my jeans so I think the tasteful and sophisticated ship has sailed, along with my dignity when I was in labour.

Just to set the scene, the proof is in the pudding nappy that we’re making headway with weaning as things are solid. Things are looking human. The other morning I dragged my weary self out of bed and took Henry downstairs, where we began our usual pre-breakfast routine of playing on the rug – albeit playing in the loosest sense of the word as what actually happens is that I lie next to Henry trying to keep him occupied enough by his toys that he forgets how much he likes to bomb off into the kitchen thus gaining me a little more time spent horizontal.

A few minutes in and it was clear that some toiletting had occurred. I promptly dealt with it before resuming my prior position. A couple of minutes later and Henry was making his way into the other room so I stood up to retrieve him. And that’s when I saw it. A smear of poo across the very pale coloured rug. It then dawned on me how it must’ve got there. Clearly a piece of poo had unbeknownst to me escaped the nappy, landed on the rug, and I’d laid in it. I’D LAID IN POO and embedded it into the rug. What a FANTASTIC start to the day.

I’ll leave it there but let me tell you, what can’t be cleaned with WaterWipes probably isn’t’ worth cleaning.

Post Comment Love
The Pramshed
Share:

1. September 21, 2016 / 9:02 am

Oh I feel ya!!! On Saturday Edith decide to projectile poo when I was changing her nappy. All off the mat and all over the carpet. We’ve only been in this house a month!!

Babies. Who’d have them? 😂 Haha!

2. September 23, 2016 / 1:30 pm

Hehe! The life of a mummy! When my eldest was little, she once managed to launch her poo across the carpet…unfortunately we were in the guest room at my mum’s house…and it wouldn’t clean up! Aaargh! I spent about an hour scrubbing away before it was even slightly passable! Oops! #PoCoLo

3. September 23, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Haha oh the joys of parenting! With four children I am forever dealing with some form of bodily fluid, some days several! The worst was when my four year old was a baby and reached into her nappy and smeared poo all over her then eight year old brother. I will never forget the look on his face, that’s one story he hates me sharing! #PoCoLo

4. September 30, 2016 / 8:09 pm

The title of your blog post made me laugh, it made me chuckle when I saw your Tweet last week. These things happen, and we have to laugh it off. It gets easier to deal with when it’s less runny and more solid. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

5. October 4, 2016 / 9:06 pm

ha ha – not funny obvs – but wet wipes do just about everything don’t they?! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

6. October 10, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Oh no honey! I remember those days… You’ll be able to laugh about these times eventually. 🙂
    Thanks for linking with #pocolo