It’s ok…005 #mumguilt

Mum guilt logoThis weekend we are leaving Henry overnight for the first time and despite the title of these series, I’m not completely confident that it is ok.

I’ve spoken about the importance of date night here , but on the one date we’ve been on, we were home pretty early, armed and ready to comfort or feed as demanded through the night.  What I’m feeling incredibly guilty about is that he’ll wake up in the night looking for me and I won’t be there.

His Nanan will be coming to stay over so he’s in his own environment, which makes me feel a little better as she’s put him to bed before. As a child I enjoyed staying with my grandparents, and I want Henry to feel the same so I know we need to start somewhere. I imagine the first time is always the worst.

I’ll report back on Monday with how it went…

How did you feel about leaving your little overnight for the first time?

I thought I’d start to shake things up around here and I’m calling upon YOU to share your #mumguilt stories. If you’d like to feature as my first guest please get in touch – nowmynameismummy@gmail.com

Rhyming with Wine

1. August 29, 2016 / 7:24 pm

I left Piglet overnight for the first time when he was 4 and a half months old. I found the run up was the worst, once I had dropped him and on our way to have fun I got over it pretty quickly. He was staying at the grandparents, so the next morning the guilt kicked in and I wanted to rush and pick him up! #fartglitter

August 29, 2016 / 8:28 pm

I think it will be easier next time, although I’m in no rush to do it again! Thank you for commenting! x

2. August 30, 2016 / 6:42 pm

I’ve only left my two overnight twice since they were born, and the eldest is 4 next month. This is far more to do with me being a wuss than them not wanting to be left to be honest. I know exactly how you feel, but I can tell you that the two nights we did leave them with the granparents – I worried myself sick, but to be perfectly honest The Tots had a brilliant time and didn’t miss me one bit! Hope you have a fantastic night – enjoy some well deserved time for you. Thanks for linking with #fartglitter x

• August 30, 2016 / 6:43 pm

PS: Nice to “meet” a fellow Sheffield Mum! I live nearer to Leeds now but I lived and worked in Sheffield for years. Love the place! x

August 31, 2016 / 8:37 pm

AAHH! Yay! I had no idea you were so close by! I love Leeds, we were there this weekend! x

August 31, 2016 / 8:38 pm

Thank you, it was a good night but I missed him ALOT! x