It’s ok…#1 #mumguilt

When you become a mum for the first time, not only do you acquire a feeling of love towards your baby you never thought possible, you also acquire a feeling of guilt that follows you around everywhere.

I think it’s about time we gave ourselves a break. So every Friday I’ll be shaking off something I feel #mumguilt for with my new ‘It’s ok…‘ series. So here goes….

Remembering we love each other on our first date in six months

Remembering we love each other on our first date in six months.

It’s ok if you go out on a date with your husband / boyfriend / partner once in a while. My husband and I went out on our first date in six months last Saturday and had a blast. I felt tremendously guilty for leaving our son with his Nanan (who’s amazing with him!) so we could go and have some fun without him. But it was just what we needed after six months of being just parents, rather than husband and wife. It reminded us why we’re in the position that we’re in, we still like each other and we enjoy each others company. For a few hours it felt like it did before we became parents, which is why we became parents in the first place. So it’s ok to go out sans baby once in a while. It’s actually good for baby. Happy parents = happy baby and isn’t that every parent’s goal anyway?

The Pramshed
Reflections From Me

1. July 30, 2016 / 8:26 am

It’s such an important thing to do isn’t it ? We did it recently and had a great night – cocktails in a rooftop bar , sure makes a change from Netflix on the couch ! And absolutely no guilt . #fortheloveofblog

July 30, 2016 / 8:41 pm

Thank you for your comment. Oh lovely! We’re planning our next one and I’ll try to leave the guilt at home! I do think it is important to keep your relationship a priority though. It’s important for the whole family! Have a great weekend! x

2. July 30, 2016 / 10:57 am

Love the idea of this series. You should have guest posts. Many mummies feel guilty about something LOL. The first time we went out for dinner and Baba was at home with his nanny, I was such a nervous woman. My boyfriend wanted to go for another drink and I was like ‘NO WAY! We were home before10pm #fortheloveofBLOG

July 30, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Aahh! Thank you for reading and I’m glad you like! Great idea! Men don’t get it do they? They seem to find it so much easier to be away from baby! We were home by 9 and I was secretly glad when baby woke up so I could have a cuddle! X

3. July 31, 2016 / 12:16 am

Absolutely!! You chose your partner, you should show them. It’s good for you to have some time for yourself (which you are choosing to share with your partner)! #fortheloveofBLOG

July 31, 2016 / 3:45 am

Completely! Thank you for reading & commenting X

4. July 31, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Good for you! Nothing wrong with a date night 🙂
    Glad you both enjoyed your time together x

Thanks so much for joining in with #MMBC. Hope to see you tomorrow xx

August 1, 2016 / 6:35 pm

Thank you! xx

5. August 1, 2016 / 8:17 am

aw couldn’t agree more! it is so important to take some time out if you can. we are lucky that hubbys parents babysit fairly often so we get to go out or have a weekend to ourselves. makes ALL the difference! thanks for joining #fortheloveofblog hope you can come back next week!

August 1, 2016 / 6:32 pm

Thank you for your comment and thank you for having me! x

6. August 1, 2016 / 12:53 pm

Oh that first night out without the baby is such a big step. We waited for over two years before we did it with our first daughter, it was too long. I think you definitely need this time out and also it is great for the baby to spend time with others. Glad you had a good time. Dads do not seem to feel the guilt in the same way do they? It is definately ok xx #mg

August 1, 2016 / 6:31 pm

Thank you for your comment. Dad’s definitely don’t, I think it’s a man thing! It was hard but we both felt so refreshed afterwards that we’re going to make it a monthly thing. I agree it’s good for baby to spend time with others, but I also think its good for baby to be in a happy family environment and relationships take work so I’m going to try not to feel so guilty next time! x

7. August 1, 2016 / 6:50 pm

This is so incredibly important. Neglect each other at your peril! No guilt required – just enjoy 🙂 Alison x #mg

August 1, 2016 / 7:01 pm

Haha, very true! Thank you for your comment! X

8. August 1, 2016 / 6:58 pm

I love that idea! You are so right, motherhood is full of guilt and we should let ourselves off. It sounded like a much needed night out!#MMBC

August 1, 2016 / 7:01 pm

Thank you! It definitely was! X

9. August 1, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Yep dates with your other half are always good, even if they don’t happen very often! It’s nice having one in the diary so you have this to look forward to. You’re right, happy parents = happy baby, happy dates = happy parents x #fortheloveofBLOG

August 2, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Thank you for your comment! We have the next one in the diary for the end of this month! x

10. August 2, 2016 / 11:22 am

I’m glad you got to enjoy your night out. It is very important that you make time for each other (even if it may mainly involve talking about your son!). It’s even more important that you get to do that more than once in 6 months!

#mg

August 2, 2016 / 8:58 pm

We have the next one in the diary for the end of the month, trying not to leave it that long again. Thank you for your comment! x

11. August 3, 2016 / 7:33 am

couldn’t agree more, happy parents does equal happy baby/children. It took me soooooooooo long to be able to do that, way too long, and after years, yes years I was like “why did I not do this sooner?” You two are a gorgeous couple! Just discovered your Instagram feed it is lovely #mg Thanks for linking up xx

August 3, 2016 / 9:17 pm

Thank you so much Mackenzie, you’re very kind! Thank you for hosing #mg, I’ll be back next week! x

12. August 7, 2016 / 2:43 pm

Congratulations. This is a big move and taken early on. No reason for guilt. I wish we knew this many, many years ago. Big is 8 and little is soon to be 6. We have had maybe 3 dates in all those years. Desperate for help to go out. Keep it up. We are working on 1x per month now and trying to alternate babysitting with family friends. Kid swapping to save on the cost. Live out loud and love out loud! Great post. #mg

August 8, 2016 / 2:50 pm

Thank you for your comment. We’re trying to make it every month. Baby goes to bed at 7 so we don’t miss out on too much time with him but I worry if he wakes up and I’m not there! Thank you for your comment! x